ULTIMATE Trial Key Points:
- At 12 months, patients undergoing IVUS guided PCI had lower rate of target vessel failure when compared to traditional andiography guided PCI.
- Enrolled patients had complex coronary disease including multi vessel disease as well as bifurcation blockages.
- The study re-emphasized the rationale for the more routine use of IVUS to guide PCI.
Current Guidelines on Use of IVUS for PCI
- IVUS in selected patients for optimizing stent implantation. (Class IIa, LOE: B)
- IVUS to assess severity and guide management of unprotected left main stem disease. (Class IIa, LOE: C)
- IVUS reasonable for assessment of angiographically indeterminate left main CAD. (Class IIa, LOE: B)
2018, IVUS vs angiography guided implantation of DES, JACC
Want to read more posts?